Compressed my WinXP, now it complains about lack of diskspace!

I am having a slightly different issue (but with similar effects). I created an expanding 25G virtual hard drive, but soon enough, I am getting the lack of disk space error. So, I then created a plain 30G virtual hard drive, thinking it might solve the issue, but it didn't.

My C Drive (Windows XP) is still only 8G with less than 200M disk space. I don't have the Optizero files. Can anyone help? I am still low on disk space, even though my virtual hard drive is 30G (but shows up as 8G in XP).

Thanks!

Sydney
 
XP disk space warning

I have a similar problem to those expressed in this thread, though seemingly not exactly. I have a WinXp VM expanding disk that was originally 30GB. After about the 1520 (? or therabouts) build, Windows began sending out disk space errors. I expanded the drive and modified the partition so that it had 37GB. Within 24 hours, Windows began initiating the same (low disk space) errors. Upon checking, the C disk had taken over the additional 7Gb of space and showed less than 49mb available without adding a single file to the C drive! I went through the compacting process twice, but that only seems to relieve the problem for a day or so. I've thrown away all the files I can spare, and searched the drive in vain for large hidden or temp files. Upon calculating the actual file sizes on the C drive, there are less than 13GB of actual data! I've let Windows compact the drive, and updated to the current PD build, but can't seem to get back the lost 24Gb of space, or stop those irritating "low on disk space" errors, to say nothing of the problematic low virtual memory errors, I receive daily. I've sent requests to parallels support by email without ever receiving a response, purchased telephone support without being able to get into the telephone queue, being forced after 20 minutes or so to leave messages for support that are never returned.... Not sure what else to do, but anyone's suggestions about how to recover the 20+GB of lost space on my drive would be greatly appreciated, or, failing that any suggestions about how to get real support that I've already paid for, would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or sugestions.
 
I've seen similar problems (have just over 4.5Gb of files, but the image won't shrink below 16Gb of disk space). There are MANY threads here reporting this, but so far a total lack of responses from support about what might be causing it.... :(

Time to look at VMWare Fusion!

SRP
 
Back
Top