Configuration - Lost Data

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KelleyK1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. KelleyK1

KelleyK1 Bit poster

Hope you can help. I was in the control center, and it asked if I wanted to revert to snapshot, and I clicked yes, and it took me back to the only one it had which was 2013. There is now only data from that period on my computer and in Windows. This was not my intention. I have a back up in Time Machine but it is from August of 2018, and I am missing important data and documents from August 2018 through January of 2019. Where did the data go? There was no "are you sure" or anything and it all happened within about 45 seconds. Is there any way to get back my stuff? Thank you for helping with this. I called tech support and the person was kind enough, but he was not helpful.

2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover the data if the virtual machine was reverted to a previous snapshot.

3. @KelleyK1 , @Ajith@Parallels is right. But may be you send some of your files via email or save it in a cloud storage? I had the same issue with my first snapshot and can understand you.. But unfortunately there is no option in Parallels Desktop to return back without another (the latest, for example from the Jan 2019) snapshot.