I am trying to install Parallels 4 and get the messages:
Conflicting Virtual Machines
To continue the installation, shut down all virtual machines that are running or suspended and close Parallels Desktop and the related applications.
Shut down these running and suspended virtual machines:
Windows XP 1
Problem is that I ran Parallels 2 and 3 and things got so buggy that I deleted them 6 months ago and ALL related files including the XP 1 file. I installed Fusion and a new XP Home edition.
I preferred the Parallels when it was working OK. With the new reviews of version 4, I would like to run Parallels again. ANY suggestions as to why I cannot move beyond that "shut down" dialog. Parallels 2 & 3 are no longer on my machine. I suspect there are some hidden files that is causing the hangup. Anyone know for sure? Other suggestions?
Thanks
Conflicting Virtual Machines
To continue the installation, shut down all virtual machines that are running or suspended and close Parallels Desktop and the related applications.
Shut down these running and suspended virtual machines:
Windows XP 1
Problem is that I ran Parallels 2 and 3 and things got so buggy that I deleted them 6 months ago and ALL related files including the XP 1 file. I installed Fusion and a new XP Home edition.
I preferred the Parallels when it was working OK. With the new reviews of version 4, I would like to run Parallels again. ANY suggestions as to why I cannot move beyond that "shut down" dialog. Parallels 2 & 3 are no longer on my machine. I suspect there are some hidden files that is causing the hangup. Anyone know for sure? Other suggestions?
Thanks