Hi,
Q. There are a lot of opinions posted on various forums, including MS forums and its not at all clear from my perspective and I just need to know ... do I need a second license of Windows 7 in order to be able to use both Bootcamp and a Parallels VM?
I ask because as I was going through the install process with Parallels 11 (which I just bought a few days ago), it looks as if my Windows 7 OEM version will require activation. I didn't proceed when I saw this - as I am using an OEM version of Windows 7 which I purchased to work with Bootcamp a few months ago. Past experience using an OEM version of Windows shows that the number of activations is very limited.
Thanks
Stu
Q. There are a lot of opinions posted on various forums, including MS forums and its not at all clear from my perspective and I just need to know ... do I need a second license of Windows 7 in order to be able to use both Bootcamp and a Parallels VM?
I ask because as I was going through the install process with Parallels 11 (which I just bought a few days ago), it looks as if my Windows 7 OEM version will require activation. I didn't proceed when I saw this - as I am using an OEM version of Windows 7 which I purchased to work with Bootcamp a few months ago. Past experience using an OEM version of Windows shows that the number of activations is very limited.
Thanks
Stu