Confused

Discussion in 'Parallels Transporter' started by Patrick OLeary, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Patrick OLeary

Patrick OLeary Member

I just ran Parallels Transporter agent from my 64-bit Win 7 computer. It created an HDD file on my Mac. I was under the assumption that doing this would create a virtual machine I could use on my Mac through Parallels that would enable me to have the best of both worlds. However, I don't know what to do with this HDD file. If I click on it, all I get is that it mounts and I can browse the folder. That doesn't really do anything for me. Ideas?

***This post can be deleted.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2010
  2. LorraineC

LorraineC Bit poster

Patrick, I don't know anything about your problem but I'm relieved to hear that someone ran the Transporter program OK. Would you mind telling me (if you remember) how long it spent 'Collecting Information about the source computer'? I can't get past this point and Parallels technical support suggested I should wait longer (I've been waiting over three hours).

3. Patrick OLeary

Patrick OLeary Member

Collecting information takes about 20 seconds.

4. LorraineC

LorraineC Bit poster

thank you so much Patrick for that confirmation. Why couldn't Parallels tell me that? It's obvious that something's wrong if it's taking hours but they just told me to keep on waiting. Now all I have to do is get them to help me find out what's wrong.

5. Stuw

Stuw Parallels Developers

Hi, Patrick

You need to create new custom VM and choose existing HDD image to use with this VM.

6. Patrick OLeary

Patrick OLeary Member

Yes, thanks. I figured that out. No further responses needed. I requested to delete the thread right after I posted it.