Connect USB device from Command Line

CristianoP

Bit poster
Hi,

how can I connect a specific USB device to a VM using the command line (i.e. through prlctl)? I can't figure this out from the man page.

Thanks,

Cristiano Paris
 
Thank you for your reply. I already came across the page you mentioned and the corresponding manual. Nevertheless, I can't figure out how to attach a USB device to a running VM through the prlctl command.

I can start it but I don't know how to specify a USB device (say, the embedded bluetooth controller) in the "prlctl --add-device usb" command. Using the GUI, I could manage to have the BT controller automatically attached at start, but this doesn't happen if I start it from the command line using the "prlctl start" command: the BT device is not attached to the VM.

I even opened the XML config files and found all the parameters related to the BT controller, but I can't figure out how to specify those parameters on the command line...

That would be great to do so, as I want to write script that automatically start the VM and run a program inside it.

Thank you!
 
I know this thread is quite old but as I came here via Google looking for solution perhaps it might help someone in the future:

prlctl set "Windows XP" --device-connect "Lightman Pro"

"Windows XP" is the name of the VM
"Lightman Pro" the name of the USB device.

Keep in mind that after resuming a VM via command line put in a sleep command for like 5 seconds before running the set command.
 
Back
Top