Connecting a Logitech Racing Wheel to Win11 does not work

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GuidoW, Jan 15, 2023.

1. GuidoW

GuidoW Bit poster

Hi there,

just installed Win11, installed all available updates to Windows 11.
    I would like to play some older racing games I used to play years ago. The games are running quite good so far as I have seen until now.

But I am not able to install my Logitech G25 Racing Wheel.
    Ok.. it is recognized by Windows default driver an I am able to play somehow... but a lot of functions do not work.
    So I Installed the Logitech Gaming Center (available to Win 10 only - but confirmed to work with Win 11 too). But my wheel is not recognized.
    Also I found a thread in a forum, that the "new" Gaming Software does not work with the old G25 - I have to use the older "Profiler" Software.

Ok. I have installed the older Profiler-Softwar now (V5.10). This one recognizes the Wheel while installing - but after starting the profiler, it tells me that it cannot find any hardware....

Any clue?
    Is this a limitation of Parallels or the ARM Version of Win11?
    I also saw a youtube video telling something about disabling "Core Isolation" in security settings - but I cannot find this anywhere.

Ok - it really might be, that the G25 is too old and does not work anymore (although I read some confirmations that it should work). Is anyone here an can tell me if a newer Racing Wheel does work with Parallels 18 and Win 11 on a M1 Mac? (FFB, 3 Axis pedals, 900 degree turning et..)

thanks!

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,

The Apple M1 chip has an ARM architecture (unlike the x86/x64 architecture typical of classic desktop processors).
    And in a virtual machine on a Mac with an M1 chip, it is currently possible to run only Window ARM -- the Windows version for processors with ARM architecture (for example, it is used on devices with mobile chips like Microsoft Surface Pro X). And indeed, despite the built-in compatibility layer that allows you to run x86/x64 applications on Windows ARM, some applications, or drivers (in your case it's Logitech G25 Racing Wheel) do not work properly.

We suggest you to contact the application developers of the Racing Wheel and ask whether they fully support ARM Windows 11.

Thanks.