Control-click files doesn't work in a windows folder

This is wierd: If I have a directory open, say in my documents, and the folder is Viewed by details. If I left click on a file and then select another file and control-click on it, it will act as if I am right clicking on the second file (the little flyout window with preview/edit/print/etc.). I can click on a file and then shift-select multiple files, but I can't select various files using what should be a standard mouse technique.

I am using a wireless bluetooth mighty mouse and use parallels stock built in mouse driver.

I can command click select multiple files on the macintosh finder, but not on the windows side. I have tried all various command/option/control click but nothing works.

thanks,
Jim
 
The manual linked to in that last post is for v3.0 and shows a blank page for page 227.
The previous pages don't seem to address the issue.
The help screens for v4 don't mention any setting for this either.
Other thoughts?
 
Using CTL-Click in windows sometimes has a different function (in word for example) and to do a right click you may need another method. Your mighty mouse should be able to do a right click anyway or if you have a trackpad most of them can now be set to recognise a right click in system preferences on the main mac OS :D
 
Back
Top