Hey there. I have a MacBook running Leopard 10.5.4 and a Parallels (5608.0) VM running XP Service Pack 3. I'm wondering if it would be possible to convert my XP virtural disk into a new BootCamp disk somehow. My reasons for asking this are as follows:
I originally installed XP with parallels only in order to minimize the hassle. However, I recently found out that I am one of the poor souls that recently got the game Spore, yet has GMA 950 in my Mac. For those who don't know, GMA 950 is not compatible with Spore when running Spore on a Mac (or Windows running on a Parallels VM), although I hear that it works just fine on a PC... or a Mac running Windows under BootCamp. So far, there aren't any workarounds for this issue. Since I'm low on cash right now, I figured that this would be a more economically viable option instead of buying a PC or a more advanced Mac. I only have one Windows XP Install disc, so it would be nice if I could pull this off without having to buy another one or pestering Microsoft for another activation key... I doubt they take too kindly to parallels users.
Thanks in advance for any advice you have!
I originally installed XP with parallels only in order to minimize the hassle. However, I recently found out that I am one of the poor souls that recently got the game Spore, yet has GMA 950 in my Mac. For those who don't know, GMA 950 is not compatible with Spore when running Spore on a Mac (or Windows running on a Parallels VM), although I hear that it works just fine on a PC... or a Mac running Windows under BootCamp. So far, there aren't any workarounds for this issue. Since I'm low on cash right now, I figured that this would be a more economically viable option instead of buying a PC or a more advanced Mac. I only have one Windows XP Install disc, so it would be nice if I could pull this off without having to buy another one or pestering Microsoft for another activation key... I doubt they take too kindly to parallels users.
Thanks in advance for any advice you have!