Couldn't enlarge my disk

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by ppayne, May 22, 2006.

1. ppayne

ppayne Member

I ran out of space on my 8 gb Parallels disk, and tried to enlarge it with the Image tool. It chugged away for a while and seemed to work, but my disk was no larger when I booted Windows (the size is the same still). Also, I made a second disk using the program and booted normally, but the second disk was nowhere to be found anywhere. If possible can someone help me with these issues? I am using RC1.

2. joem

joem Forum Maven

This question has been answered at least half a dozen times in this forum. Search for it.

3. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Hmmm, I wonder if you have actually tried using the SEARCH process for this forum? It's really rather useless. For example, typing "image tool" into the search results in "nothing found".
    David Jameson

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

5. peterwor

peterwor Hunter

ppayne,
    What you're experiencing indeed has been covered a lot before in the forums. The HD has actually been enlarged but you haven't yet told windows thta its bigger. You need to use something like DISKPART to actually copy blank space into the new enlarged partition.

6. dhjdhj

dhjdhj Hunter

Yep - I used the extremely visible SEARCH field at the top right of the window - I assumed it could find everything - it SHOULD!!!
    D