Couple of Basic Questions

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TimB21, Jun 21, 2007.

1. TimB21

TimB21 Bit poster

I've got Bootcamp included in my Parallels Desktop options, how can I remove that as I don't have Bootcamp currently installed (I don't think so anyway).

I'd like a desktop icon to launch Parallels and automatically select load my Windows XP setup, how do I do that?

Thanks! :)

-=Tim=-

Last edited: Jun 21, 2007
  2. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

Can you start your VM XP machine? If so, do you see the Parallels icon in the lower right of your screen?

You should be able to right click on this icon and select "Keep in Dock"

I would be cautious about setting up the VM to automatically start, even though this is possible. It makes it hard to modify settings. We get posts here all the time where someone has a VM that automatically starts and automatically shuts down and they have no way to adjust the settings.

When you are in your VM, and run an application, you will see another icon start. You can also keep that in your dock. If the VM is already running, clicking on the icon will start the application. If Parallels is not running, clicking on the icon will start parallels and launch that application.

3. TimB21

TimB21 Bit poster

Great, I've setup the dock item. Should have realized how easy that solution was. Thanks!

-=Tim=-