Crashes My Browsers

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by hoe, Jan 17, 2008.

1. hoe

hoe Bit poster

My OS is Mepis 7.0 using kernel 2.6.22-1-mepis-smp. I boot up my Parallels 2.2.2204 and while l have it in it's window l use Opera on my Mepis Desktop. After a short time Opera crashes and won't load again until l reboot my system. Also Parallels won't shut but usually just hangs there. I end up having to reset my computer because my whole desktop locks right up. I have been using parallels for quite a while and this seems to be happening since the 2.6.22 kernel.

Wayne

2. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Wayne,

Could you please let me know what is your Virtual Machine RAM and if you have VT-x support enabled?

Best regards,
    Xenos

3. hoe

hoe Bit poster

I have 1G of RAM on my computer and allotted 256 to XP on the VM. VM Flags Acceleration level is set High.

Wayne

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Wayne, thank you very much for the information. I have delivered your report to Parallels developers.

Parallels Workstation does not currently provide official support for Mepis 7.0. And we can not now find the reason for the issue you are describing. However we appreciate you making us aware of this problem.

Could you please try if the issue is reproduced on an OS officially supported by Parallels Workstation?

Best regards,
    Xenos

5. hoe

hoe Bit poster

I don't use any of the supported OS's but this problem seems to have started with the new kernel.

Wayne

6. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Wayne,

Thanks again for this report. We appreciate your help. Our developers will check this kernel compatibility for the operating systems supported by Parallels Workstation.

Best regards,
    Xenos

7. hoe

hoe Bit poster

Thanks Xenos, I have been using your product for quite a while and would like to keep using it.

Wayne