Is it possible to create a Windows Virtual machine from the SATA HDD from my PC connected to my Mac via an external SATA USB/Firewire desktop dock?
I can't see anyway to do this but USB SATA drive docks are available for around £25 and it would be the nicest possible migration path for Mac switchers I can imagine:
1) Buy Parallels
2) Buy dock, connect to Mac
3) Remove HDD from original PC place in dock
4) Run Parallels and create a new virtual machine from the external HD which already contains a working windows setup and legitimate copy of Windows.
Doable? If not, why not and is there a wishlist somewhere I can add this to?
Joe
I can't see anyway to do this but USB SATA drive docks are available for around £25 and it would be the nicest possible migration path for Mac switchers I can imagine:
1) Buy Parallels
2) Buy dock, connect to Mac
3) Remove HDD from original PC place in dock
4) Run Parallels and create a new virtual machine from the external HD which already contains a working windows setup and legitimate copy of Windows.
Doable? If not, why not and is there a wishlist somewhere I can add this to?
Joe