ctl + alt + del

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by corryzahn, Jun 17, 2007.

1. corryzahn

corryzahn Bit poster

This may be a really stupid question, but I have searched the user forums and can't find an answer.

I need to utilize the Microsoft "Three Fingered Salute" otherwise known as ctl+alt+del

My Mac has all three buttons, but they do not bring up the "end task" window.

any thoughts?

2. dkp

dkp Forum Maven

From the Parallels Action menu select Send Keys and from in there select your preference.

3. AlanH

AlanH Pro

I works OK here - are you sure you are using the correct Delete key? The Mac's backspace doesn't do it. If your Mac can't do it for some reason then you can use the Parallels->Actions->Send Keys ... menu option.

4. corryzahn

corryzahn Bit poster

thank you both... that worked.

I was also just on the phone with a friend who suggested fn+ctl+alt+del should work on the MacBook Pro, as the alt key is not really an "alt" key until you press it with the FN key. This also works.

:)

5. cynic

cynic Member

On the MBP you could also press fn+ctrl+alt+backspace.

6. brkirch

brkirch Pro

Mostly correct, except the problem actually is that the delete key is not actually a "delete" key unless you hold down the fn key when you press it. The alt key is always an alt key, the fn key doesn't affect it.