Ctrl-Alt-Del button in Toolbar

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by jHal, Jan 17, 2007.

1. jHal

jHal Bit poster

I would like to see an option to add a "Ctrl-Alt-Del" button in the toolbar near the "Stop", "Pause", and "Start" buttons.

Many tablet PC's have a single button on the bezel that sends a "Ctrl-Alt-Del" command. A button in the toolbar could provide the same function.

I am aware that it is in the Actions -> Send Keys... menu, having a button would be much more efficient.

jHal

2. David Graham

David Graham Junior Member

Why not just type it? It seems that's the most efficient way to send the keys.

- Dave

3. jHal

jHal Bit poster

send keys vs button

On a MacBook or a MacBook Pro keyboard, there isn't a true "del" key. It's actually a backspace key.

Maybe there is another key combo that I am not aware of on the MacBook or MacBook Pro.

jHal

4. drval

drval Pro

Under Boot Camp the sequence was fn-CTRL-ALT- Delete(meaning "Backspace"). I have found that to also work in Parallels, although I prefer to use Actions/Send Keys...

5. palter

palter Hunter

Not quite. It's ctrl-alt-fn-delete. The ordering is important as the "fn" key applies only to whatever's pressed next.

6. jHal

jHal Bit poster

Sequence is important

Thanks palter.

It's the same, but different. :)

Your right, the sequence is important. That would explain why it only randomly worked for me on my MacBook Pro.

Even so, clicking once on a button that represents "Control Alt Del" beats pressing four keys on notebook keyboard.

jHal