Current Beta - Cool

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by pilif, Aug 14, 2006.

1. pilif

pilif Junior Member

Hi,

now that we got that custom build where the bug with not starting the VMs at all is fixed, I too can finally try out the current beta. And I'm pleased to say: All bugs that bugged (...) me in retail are fixed:

• WM 2005 USB just works: Although I don't have a WM2005 organizer, I'm writing software for a Windows Mobile based barcode scanner. Deploying on the device was quite the hassle until now: Create the CAB, put it onto a network share, start another computer, connect the device there, deploy the CAB. Meh. The provided workaround didn't work for me either. Now with the current build, it just works: Connect the device, patch USB through (I've disabled autoconnect) and activesync starts up. Nice one!
    • AltGr didn't work. The workaround was to use Ctrl+Alt+Key, but that didn't work in Putty (not that it matters much - I prefer Terminal.app anyways. Now, with the current build, Ctrl, Alt and AltGr just work as they should. Very smooth.
    • Modifier bug after focus gain: Just when Parallels got focus, the first press of a modifier key (Ctrl, Alt, Shift) was lost. I always had to press the modifier, depress it and press it again to get the key I wanted. Also fixed in the current build.
    • Parallels feels a bit snappier concerning painting operations. While I had some (bearable) lag in VS2005 while typing, that's gone with the current build. Very nice too.

So all in all, the current beta build, for me, fixes whatever problems I still had with the retail build. Thanks for all these fixes, Parallels Team!

EDIT: Another thing I just noticed: With RTM, CPU usage when Parallels was running (idle) was always around 20-30%. Now it's down to 15%. Cool.

Philip

Last edited: Aug 14, 2006