Custom actions on before/after start/stop of VM

O-S

Bit poster
Not sure if this feature was suggested before but I could not find any related suggestion.

How about adding the options to configure custom actions for (all optional)
  1. before start of VM --> e.g. perhaps sync VM from network share
  2. after start of VM --> e.g. automatically mount VM network share on host OS
  3. before shutdown of VM --> e.g. automatically unmount VM network share from host OS
  4. after shutdown of VM --> e.g. perhaps sync VM to network share
Perhaps point 2 and 3 would be most useful for me as I am mounting my VM user's home directory via NFS onto the host system that I use for development. Point 3 is really to avoid shutting down the VM and then MacOS complaining that the network share is no longer responding.

As for what can be configured, ideally the ability to run shell scripts or executables with/without sudo support.

Not sure if this suggestion gets approval but for me it would be really helpful.
Thank you.
 
Back
Top