Custom application install help request

Discussion in 'Parallels Mac Management for Microsoft SCCM' started by JohnMoe, Oct 20, 2019.

1. JohnMoe

JohnMoe Bit poster

I've got an application that is supplied to me by the vendor in a DMG. When I mount the DMG, the PKG installer is there, and in a subfolder is an unattended installation script that we need to use to install the PKG. The software we're installing connects to a cloud service, and we need to pass our Company code in to the install script so it can register the client during install.

I can copy the PKG file fine, and convert it to the CMMAC format needed for SCCM/PMM, but how do I include the installation script? I know how to do this for a Windows application install (just include it in the distribution folder), but not for Mac, since all the files seem to be packaged into the CMMAC file. Is this possible?

2. andrewb11

andrewb11 Bit poster

I suggest trying to put that in the same folder as the cmmac that you're looking to install then when creating the package in SCCM when you can add something to the command line, browse to and add the sh file?

3. StanleyH

StanleyH Bit poster

Try deploying the PKG and other files/folders as a package and not an application and install via script.