D3D Device Lost

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ClaireM3, Jun 2, 2022.

1. ClaireM3

ClaireM3 Bit poster

Whenever I play a game that uses Unreal Engine, the game always ends up crashing and the following error message appears: "Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost." I can restart the game, and it works for a variable amount of time before it crashes again. What can I do to fix this? I've attached a screenshot of the error message.

Attached Files:

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello ClaireM3, Please let us know are you getting the Fatal error on windows 10 or 11? Thanks.

3. ClaireM3

ClaireM3 Bit poster

Windows 11

4. PaulaT1

PaulaT1 Bit poster

I am having the same issue with windows 11 and Steam. On my mac M1 pro laptop. Any resolutions yet?

5. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

Same windows 11 and epic games.

6. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

7. TomO11

TomO11 Bit poster

Same. Problem is actual. Windows 11. MacBook Pro, Apple M1 Max

8. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the technical issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Which version of Unreal Engine are you using?
    2. Kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Thanks

9. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

This is not good enough. This happens to much on m1 macs. Please help.

10. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello,
    Would you reproduce the issue again and collect a technical report at the moment of reproduction, please? For this click the Parallels icon on menubar > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

11. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

Easiest thing to repro and I'm sure there are already 1000s of other reports to sort through for this issue.

12. AndrejS6

AndrejS6 Bit poster

I have the very same issue, playing on minimal graphics settings. I have a problem with a game "A way out" on Mac M1, with windows 11. The issues is really frustrating, it is definitely present, and I wonder why is it still not fixed :(

13. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

And the silence from support on this issue is obvious. Good thing I'm up for renewal because there is no way i would use this product again. Horrible.

14. Pramesh Boodadoo

Hello,
    Thank you for the provided report.
    Indeed, it appears that the case requires deeper investigation, so we escalated it to the Development Team.
    Once there is a response from them - whether it is a request for additional information, a workaround or a permanent fix - we will let you know.

Also,kindly allocate all resources to your Virtual machine, kindly follow the below steps:
    1. Make sure that the Virtual Machine is Shutdown (Actions on top of the mac menu bar > select Shutdown).
    2. Open the virtual machine configuration ( see: https://kb.parallels.com/117287 ) > Options > Optimization.
    3. Set "Resource usage" to "No Limit".
    4. Go to the virtual machine configuration (see: https://kb.parallels.com/117287 ) and click "Hardware > Boot Order > Advanced Settings > Boot flags".
    5. Empty the field completely.
    Thank you.

15. Pramesh Boodadoo

Hello,
    For us to further investigate the issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Kindly reproduce the issue and collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.
    Thank you.

16. User23890234

User23890234 Bit poster

God this is so bad. This is already been requested and done a few months ago and then everything went silent.

Great thread showing how broken this product and support is. Not an enterprise solution at all. Will never go back.

17. QuintonS

QuintonS Bit poster

I'm having the same issue on Windows 11, M2 Mac.
    I believe the crash is related to how the Efficiency core on Apple Silicon chips behaves, but it still should be a resolvable issue. It's not like anyone here is unplugging their GPUs or anything. There is still graphics processing going on, but it might not be handled in the same piece of the processor at any given moment. This should be an easy fix