Data synchronization headaches and EXTREME slowness

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SulemanF, Sep 6, 2009.

1. SulemanF

SulemanF Bit poster

I have an XP Pro PVM and whenever the data synchronization starts, "EVERYTHING" slows to a crawl.

I I can't work on my Mac or in Windows because of the EXTREME slowness and "processing"!

And it's like every 5 minutes (or so it seems).

Is there a way to turn it off, or make it manual or change what is being synchronized or anything?!

Please advise 'cause as of now it's unusable.

Thanks.

2. R.S

R.S Bit poster

data synchronization

I'm experiencing the same problem. After starting PD 4 the system stalls and Parallels is telling "Data synchronization". I've no idea what or whatfor.

Point of attention: I've upgraded to Max OS X Snow Leopard, never experienced problems before (but also not worked that much before with PD - over a period of 2 months maybe for some hours).

To me parallels desktop has became useless, and that's a problem because I replaced all specific windows programs from pc to mac with PD 4. But now I can't rely on it, when it starts 'data synchronization' the complete system is extreme slow.

Hoping someone has a solution. Besides: I was wondering why the words 'data synchronization' cannot be found on the parallels website, manual or whatsoever.

richard

3. SulemanF

SulemanF Bit poster

Data Synch bogs both systems to a crawl!! I had to Force quit 2 apps and Firefox crashed (on the Mac)!

This is beyond frustrating...I bought your software over your competitor because it was supposed to be faster!!!

4. ikisai

ikisai Bit poster

experiencing the exact same thing here ! is there a solution yet ?

5. AustinT

AustinT Bit poster

Data synchronization makes mac useless

It's hard enough for me to type this reply right now with the data synchronization in the background. It has always been slow, but especially with snow leopard, I find my computer unusable. As of now, I am unable to use the very expensive parallels program and Windows operating system parallels is hosting on my computer.

6. uckenny

uckenny Bit poster

what is this data sync thing? i have never seen it until lately.. and it just making my windows nonoperational. it has been days.. and i can't use my windows xp... so does anyone know whats wrong with it and how can we fix it?

7. FredericL

FredericL Bit poster

Hello

I am happy to see I am not the only one on "Slow Leopard" having this data synch issue.
    I can only assume this is for snapshot.
    Snapshots are cool, but at 3am... not in the middle of the day, or worse at vm startup.

I am however rather unhappy for not seeing any reply on how to solve the issue.

I use Parallels for business, and am seriously considering competition...

Thank you
    Best Regards
    Fred