Deactivating "Smooth scrolling" feature not possible in version 16

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by youngsinatra, Sep 1, 2020.

1. youngsinatra

youngsinatra Junior Member

I just bought parallels desktop 16 just to find out that scrolling is way to fast when doing so with the trackpad. For me the problem occurs when using Visual Studio. It is a big problem since it makes work just so much more inconvenient.
    I remembered that I had this problem before and that there was some kind of option in the configuration of the virtual machine. However I wasn't able to find it. After some google research I found this Article that states: "The Enable smooth scrolling checkbox was removed from the virtual machine configuration because this functionality works fine and very few users disable it."
    I find this highly ironic since there are plenty of users that had massive problems with scrolling when this feature is enabled.
    Can you bring this checkbox back asap. Paying for an upgrade that feels like a downgrade is not a great business model.

2. DavidC79

DavidC79 Bit poster

I have the same problem.

3. Hello, did you update you Parallels Desktop 16 (16.0.1) to the latest build and check the issue?

4. youngsinatra

youngsinatra Junior Member

I did update to 16.0.1 and neither did it fix the problem nor did the "Enable smooth scrolling feature" reappear.
    Waiting for a solution.

5. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
    Could you please make a short video of the issue and collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced?