Decrypting files after trial of Parallels Toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by ChristopherS36, Oct 6, 2023.

1. ChristopherS36

ChristopherS36 Bit poster

I encrypted some files using Encrypt in Parallels Toolbox during my trial. The release notes say that Toolbox 6.6.0 can decrypt files after the trial ends, but when I open a .pboxz file, I only see a dialog saying the Toolbox trial has expired. What is the process for decrypting a .pboxz file?

2. ChristopherS36

For those in similar circumstances, the .pboxz files will decrypt with Keka. Right-click and choose "Services/Extract using Keka"

3. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi Christopher,
    You can double-click the file > enter the password and click Decrypt, and it will be decrypted even after the expiration of the trial. Would you share more details about your issue, please?

MatthewR20 likes this.
  4. ChristopherS36

Thank you, Mikhail! I had been trying through the menu bar app and got nowhere. You are correct that attempting to open the file (rather than use the menu to select the Parallels toolbox app Encrypt) does work.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.
  5. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Thanks, Christopher. A quick question from me: have you dragged and dropped the file to the app in the Toolbox app or you added the tool to the Mac menubar and dragged and dropped the file to it?