Default Print Settings are Ignored

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Joe_Crescenzi, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Joe_Crescenzi

Joe_Crescenzi Bit poster

I've noticed that the printer handing changed quite a bit, and the default printer options no longer work at all.

I manage about a dozen instances of Parallels, and I've been getting quite a few complaints lately that the default printer is no longer in sync, even though the checkbox is checked.

Also, the setting to turn on "Page setup options before printing" doesn't seem to persist until the next boot, which means you have to set it each time you boot. Our users love this option because it lets them fine tune the destination and view their reports in the Mac Preview or save as a PDF.

This is particularly difficult for us because we have some non-standard printers such as label printers that somehow keep turning into the default in Windows, which makes some programs fail entirely because they try to render a page that is only a couple of inches wide. Even if the Windows program allows you to select another printer, it has already rendered the report (and preview) using the small paper size.