Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by AndersGu, Feb 21, 2008.

1. AndersGu

AndersGu Guest

Error is below. I have tried installing the VS2005 (vcredist) file from Microsoft. Both the original and the SP1 one. I have also tried copying the Microsoft.VC80.CRT folder from VS2005 to the 2x program folder. Still no go. Have tried two machines, one of which used to run the old version of appserver just fine.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: SideBySide
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 32
    Date: 2/21/2008
    Time: 2:03:37 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: ACME-2003
    Description:
    Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

2. nixu

nixu Guest

3. AndersGu

AndersGu Guest

Yes, I have. The article says:
    "You'll need to install [Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)] [http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en]"

Which is exacly what I have done as I stated in my initial posting. This problem is 100% repeatable on win2003. If I install the beta 6 server though it works and I see no errors in the system log.

4. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi AndersGu,

Is this issue resulting from 2x Web Portal or 2X Application Server?

Nixu

5. yoda-ict

yoda-ict Guest

Yes, today upgraded to v6 as my upgrade license had arrived. Also on my server these errors are logged! On the backup server these error messages are not logged?!?

Errors logged: Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.MFC.Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system..

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\2X\ApplicationServer\GDIHelper.dll.Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system..

Strange thing is; on the server where these messages appear GDIHelper.exe is registered into the registry. On de backupserver this file is not registered! strange..

I also opened a support ticket on this, hopefully we can solve this problem very soon!
    Frans

6. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi can you confirm that you have 2X Application Server build 419?

If not please update you server from : http://www.2x.com/downloads

Nixu

7. yoda-ict

yoda-ict Guest

I only see version 416 for client and server (v6)

Frans

8. nixu

nixu Guest

Refresh the web site ;)

(Html file, updated)

Nixu

9. yoda-ict

yoda-ict Guest

Thanks, this problem is solved in build 419!

10. AndersGu

AndersGu Guest

OK. I will grab the new build. Glad to see that the problem was in the code and not here. :D BTW when I ran into the problem, I tried the new beta and it ran flawlessly.