everydave42
Bit poster
Configuration:
OS X 10.5.5
Macbook pro 2 GHz Core Duo (not Core 2)
2 GB Memory
120 G Hard Drive.
Not Bootcamp
Upgraded Parallels from 3.0 to 4.0 with Trial Key
PD Build 4.0.3522
Trying to use a converted VMware 2.0 image of XP SP 3
Transport and "update" of the image seems to go well. In the middle of the "update" process it has to boot into the image for "manual" mode which appears to work fine. At that point I reactivate windows and let it do it's thing. I'm able to log in and mouse around as needed.
However once it's all done and I reboot the image for usage, there is ZERO input accepted in the VM after windows loads. I can't use keyboard, mouse OR "send keys". The interesting things is that before windows loads up completely, I can send keyboard commands. Both to the "BIOS" screen, F8 to bring up teh windows safe mode screen, or even start a new windows install, the keyboard works just fine.
I've tried converting the image 3 separate times. I've uninstalled VMware tools prior to a transport/update just to be sure. I'm fairly certain the issue has to do with paralells tools, since it's at about the time that I imagine that gets loaded that I'm locked out of the machine. All seems to act well, I can change to coherence mode and back, all Parallels functions work fine, I just get get "into" the windows session, it's just sitting at the Login ctrl-alt-delete screen waiting for some form of input that it's never going to get. I can't even use the mouse to move the ctrl-alt-delete window around, even when in coherence mode.
I would rather not have to do a fresh install of windows if at all possible, or is that my only option?
Please help...
OS X 10.5.5
Macbook pro 2 GHz Core Duo (not Core 2)
2 GB Memory
120 G Hard Drive.
Not Bootcamp
Upgraded Parallels from 3.0 to 4.0 with Trial Key
PD Build 4.0.3522
Trying to use a converted VMware 2.0 image of XP SP 3
Transport and "update" of the image seems to go well. In the middle of the "update" process it has to boot into the image for "manual" mode which appears to work fine. At that point I reactivate windows and let it do it's thing. I'm able to log in and mouse around as needed.
However once it's all done and I reboot the image for usage, there is ZERO input accepted in the VM after windows loads. I can't use keyboard, mouse OR "send keys". The interesting things is that before windows loads up completely, I can send keyboard commands. Both to the "BIOS" screen, F8 to bring up teh windows safe mode screen, or even start a new windows install, the keyboard works just fine.
I've tried converting the image 3 separate times. I've uninstalled VMware tools prior to a transport/update just to be sure. I'm fairly certain the issue has to do with paralells tools, since it's at about the time that I imagine that gets loaded that I'm locked out of the machine. All seems to act well, I can change to coherence mode and back, all Parallels functions work fine, I just get get "into" the windows session, it's just sitting at the Login ctrl-alt-delete screen waiting for some form of input that it's never going to get. I can't even use the mouse to move the ctrl-alt-delete window around, even when in coherence mode.
I would rather not have to do a fresh install of windows if at all possible, or is that my only option?
Please help...