Desktop Icons become immovable...?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ErikT2, Jan 18, 2017.

1. ErikT2

ErikT2 Member

I'm running windows 10 on three external monitors (main mac display on my MacBook Pro is turned off), and after using it for a few hours, the desktop icons don't move anymore. If I drag an icon to the trash or move it to a new location, it still shows it is in the original spot but is no longer functional (can't double click, right click on it, etc.) It's almost as if a screenshot was taken and made my background of my desktop. I've been living with it for months now, but figured I'd ask here to see if anyone knew why this was happening? For now, I keep a shortcut to my desktop folder on my desktop so I can open that to see any new files or moved icons which make the original icon useless. I do NOT have my desktop shared with MacOS, it is a separate folder completely, not a redirected folder to my mac desktop folder.

I've reinstalled windows completely and the problem still persists. I *think* the problem happens on a single monitor, but I rarely use a single monitor setup with Parallels to know for certain. It takes hours before the glitch happens. Rebooting fixes it, but rebooting isn't always an option during work hours. It ALWAYS happens once a day with multiple monitors - if I reboot it is bound to happen more than once.