Desktop Update RC2 compatible with ANY Intel Mac with ANY RAM config!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ben @ Parallels, Sep 28, 2006.

1. danMacPRO

danMacPRO Bit poster

2. fuggly

fuggly Bit poster

Me as well... Parallelsd just bounces and crashes when starting up (no configuration selected yet!)

3. pjmann

pjmann Bit poster

30" Cinema Display wont automatically switch to fullscreen mode with build 1922

With WinXP VM loaded,

I can manally switch to full screen mode by adjusting the properties to 2560x1600 resolution.
    BUT when automatically switching, parallels always maintains the last resolution picked from non-full-screen mode.

Will there be fix in the future for this problem?

TIA

4. scphillipp

scphillipp Bit poster

New build workin for me but not USB

Bravo,
    Gettin better. VM working, Internet working (no more messing with MTU settings - yeaa) USB printer still not working. At least it sees my epson printer now, even tells me the ink levels, but if I try to print anything I get windows blue screen of death with a bunch of words which flash by so fast I can not read them, and windows reboots. I tried using bonjour, everything seems to be working with it, but when I send a file it goes to bit heaven - windows thinks it printed but nothing ever goes to the printer. ???? Funny - I have a second printer (an hp laser) which has worked flawlessly from the start - go figure.
    Steve in Pa.

5. kenduit

kenduit Member

Up Graded to RC2 Still can not boot.

Here are the screen shots.

I am useing macbookpro .New winxp_sp2 disc. can not make an image of this disc made an image of winxp_sp2 upgrade it booted but then could not find previous version,stuck in full version in drive still would not read it.Get error messages and corupt disc messages.
    KEN

Attached Files:

6. mhrdesign

mhrdesign Bit poster

Desktop Update RC2 and USB

I installed the update on my MacBook with no trouble and it seems to work well. I was able to sync my Suunto Cobra dive computer which is great, but I still cannot get my 3D Connexion Spaceball to work (I get the device in use, wait 5 seconds). Hopefully in the next build. Thanks.

7. pjmann

pjmann Bit poster

Still have to do the sleep thing, also

I have the same problem except I have the 2.66GHz machine with 3GB of RAM.

Anyone else have to put the mac to sleep before you get VT-x??

TIA