I am running Desktop 3.0 (build 5584) for Mac and have just migrated to a new MacBook Pro. When I try to load the desktop on the new machine I get the following error:
"Parallels Desktop is unable to operate properly since it cannot communicate with one of its drivers. Try to restart the application to overcome this issue. If restart doesn't help, re-install Parallels Desktop. Note that Parallels drivers require a short time to be properly started and initialized. So you may need to wait a minute before trying to launch the application."
I have tried restarting several times with the same result. I am reluctant to go for a complete reinstall because I know I always get hassle from Microsoft trying to validate my (genuine, bought-by-me) copy of XP. I wish to upgrade to version 4.0 but want to get the old version running first so I don't lose any data or settings.
Is there a simple reason for this and maybe something I can correct by moving a file around?
"Parallels Desktop is unable to operate properly since it cannot communicate with one of its drivers. Try to restart the application to overcome this issue. If restart doesn't help, re-install Parallels Desktop. Note that Parallels drivers require a short time to be properly started and initialized. So you may need to wait a minute before trying to launch the application."
I have tried restarting several times with the same result. I am reluctant to go for a complete reinstall because I know I always get hassle from Microsoft trying to validate my (genuine, bought-by-me) copy of XP. I wish to upgrade to version 4.0 but want to get the old version running first so I don't lose any data or settings.
Is there a simple reason for this and maybe something I can correct by moving a file around?