Hi.
I have vista and Parallels 4 on an MBP.
The vista fails to be able to use the parallels tools to connect to the network
i.e. IE can't connect
HOWEVER - the virtual machine can get updates quite happily - it's downloading Vistal Service Park 1 right now.
But the windows network logo says it's not connected to any networks
I have gone through each of the options in the Parallels tools configure menu on the bottom of the screen
SHARED NETWORKING
BRIDGED NETWORKING and all the options
On the Vista, when you go into Parallels Ethernet Adapter Properties there is a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and you get the following message:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
This then can't connect
My last parallels version worked just fine
so I'm a bit stuck ... :-(
Thanks for any suggestions
tom
I have vista and Parallels 4 on an MBP.
The vista fails to be able to use the parallels tools to connect to the network
i.e. IE can't connect
HOWEVER - the virtual machine can get updates quite happily - it's downloading Vistal Service Park 1 right now.
But the windows network logo says it's not connected to any networks
I have gone through each of the options in the Parallels tools configure menu on the bottom of the screen
SHARED NETWORKING
BRIDGED NETWORKING and all the options
On the Vista, when you go into Parallels Ethernet Adapter Properties there is a little yellow triangle with an exclamation mark and you get the following message:
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.
This then can't connect
My last parallels version worked just fine
so I'm a bit stuck ... :-(
Thanks for any suggestions
tom