"dfshim.dll is not a valid win32 application" when trying to uninstall an app?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by EricT24, Aug 27, 2022.

1. EricT24

EricT24 Bit poster

Greetings all!
    I'm trying to uninstall what appears to be an ill behaved program from windows 11 home for ARM..
    I down loaded the program, then made the mistake of running setup, and it ran, but did not create an icon and starting it up is problematic..
    Okay, I'll delete the installer and uninstall the app and start over, perhaps moving the file to the apps directory or some such..
    But I can't re-install or run the program because is says it's already installed in a different location.. That location is tragically difficult to reach?
    file:///C:/Users/$USERNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/$APPNAMAE.zip/$APPNAME.application
    How, in Parallels, do I find this path in explorer or any other tool? Call me dense, but I'm really used to relatively non obscured access is OS X..
    I don't care that I can't uninstall it - if I plug that path into Edge, it starts the program just fine, when I try and get explorer to show me the file, I am stymied at every turn. I just want to create an icon on my desktop/start menu, but for the life of me, I can't figure it out..

Thanks so much!!