Different Start Up/Shutdown Procedure

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jesschoen, Jul 21, 2007.

1. jesschoen

jesschoen Member

I had some trouble with Parallels this past week and eventually got it working again by reinstalling the software. However, I notice there is now a more complicated start up and shutdown procedure.

When I click the Parallels icon on the desktop, it asks me to select the VM from several listed . I then select Boot Camp and it asks for a password. After I input the password, the password screen disappears and Parallels will not start until I click the little green arrow on the white start up screen. Before last week, I clicked the desktop icon, was asked for the password and then was taken directly into Parallels. I was not asked to select the VM nor did I need to click the green arrow.

Similarly at shutdown now, Parallels shuts down, eventually shows a little black screen and then a little white screen. At that point, I need to manually shut down the little white screen. Previously, shutdown was total without the need to manually shut down the little white screen.

It's not a big deal but how do I go back to the simpler procedures of the past?

Thanks for any help.

James