I had a nice, stable iMac running Parallels 7 and Windows 7 for the past two years. I upgraded to Parallels 9 so I can upgrade to Mavericks. Now when I start Parallels and launch Windows, I have problems:
1. After entering my Windows password at login, I get an error message saying it cannot complete the operation because it was taking a snapshot. Then the hard drive works away for a long time.
2. And whereas before I could always see a Parallels menu, now I can't. When I click Parallels all I get is a small dialogue box showing "parallels virtual machines" and Windows 7, but I have no control over the system because there is is no Parallels menu.
3. And when I click Opt-Cmd-Esc to try to kill the process, the list of running apps does not include Parallels.
I would appreciate help getting Parallels and Windows settled down again please. Thanks.
1. After entering my Windows password at login, I get an error message saying it cannot complete the operation because it was taking a snapshot. Then the hard drive works away for a long time.
2. And whereas before I could always see a Parallels menu, now I can't. When I click Parallels all I get is a small dialogue box showing "parallels virtual machines" and Windows 7, but I have no control over the system because there is is no Parallels menu.
3. And when I click Opt-Cmd-Esc to try to kill the process, the list of running apps does not include Parallels.
I would appreciate help getting Parallels and Windows settled down again please. Thanks.