Direct X 12 Opportunity

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ClayD1, Apr 22, 2016.

?

Would you buy parallels if it could run Xbox One & Xbox 360 games sold through the windows store

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  3. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes but only if it follows that it would also run Direct X 11

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. ClayD1

ClayD1 Bit poster

I'm not sure how the development team works on this stuff but I wanted to propose an idea to the team. Microsoft has been working with 3rd parties for a while now to bring their services to literally everybody everywhere. Since they are focusing on the ecosystem method now, "Windows as a Service" as they call it, I have a feeling they may work with you guys to bring direct x 12, linux subsytem and the many other of it's more difficult features to Apple computers.

The main reason I think they may help you is because of their Xbox initiative. Their ability to gain momentum and promote cross platform gaming between the pc and the xbox is going to be crucial to their future game plan (no pun intended). If they can bring that same power to Apple computers than it is reasonable to think that Apple customers could buy an xbox or xbox games for windows 10 and begin investing in their services. They are already trying to work with playstation to promote more corss platform game play and they need to continue battling initiatives such as steam and the like. This would be huge for Microsoft and would require a large investment on their part which could help offset your investment in getting Direct X 12 up and off the ground.

I think it would be worth sending a memo and asking Microsoft if they want the most capable gaming system in the world to infiltrate Apple computers and broaden their influence cia parallels. I for one run a powerful MacBook pro and Mac Pro and don't need to bootcamp to get performance from my virtual machines so I would do this almost immediately. Getting Direct X 12 up and running would bring more benefits as well with regards to performance and application compatibility in the future. It's worth a shot guys.

2. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello ClayD1,
    First of, we would like to appreciate your interest in upgrading the Direct X support with Parallels Virtual Machines. Though we do not have any current information regarding upgrading the support beyond Direct X 10, we will definitely report this suggestion to the concerned team. Your suggestion to team up with Microsoft is noted and we also look forward to more suggestions in improving the performance of our product. Thank you once again for the suggestion.