Direct x12 Support (add app titles in comments)

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Danny7, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Danny7

Danny7 Bit Poster

Kindly add direct x 12 support for playing high end gaming virtually

DashtonP, MarkusA1, David32 and 4 others like this.
  2. TobiasB4

TobiasB4 Bit Poster

Anno1800 :D

3. DashtonP

DashtonP Bit Poster

Battlefield 1, Battlefield V, Battlefront 2 (2018), Halo 5, Quantum Break

4. BenjaminF2

BenjaminF2

Forza Horizon 4

5. GerryH3

GerryH3 Bit Poster

I'd like to add that as a developer, I'd really love general Direct X 12 support, not just specific titles. But I think if you cover Unreal Engine and Unity, that should take care of a vast majority of the needs of developers and gamers.

Being able to stay on Mac OS while I code in Visual Studio inside of the Windows VM, compile on both platforms, and test on both platforms, would be a major, major, major productivity booster. Even if I don't get every feature or exact accuracy, that's fine. As long as it's stable and lets me run dev tools, I'm good.

Let's add this to the list of apps, while we're at it: Renderdoc. It's an invaluable development tool for introspecting and debugging a graphics pipeline. I'm willing to bet that Parallels' developers probably use it!

6. ManuelA4

ManuelA4 Bit Poster

Hey,

Is there a planned release date for the release of DirectX 12 support?

The goal is to set proper expectations here.

Sincerest regards,
    Manuel Arno Korfmann Webentwicklung

7. AndrewF5

AndrewF5 Bit Poster

Wow, you posted in February 2018, and Parallels has still not had the decency to respond? They continue to sell this application and subscription model as supporting Windows 10, when it in fact does not. DirectX 11 is for Windows 7 & 8, and they are using it through emulation for Windows 10, which needs DirectX 12. So there is no hardware access at this point. My $4k+ iMac sits here with 4GB GPU and 64GB RAM that cannot be utilized for graphics applications in Windows 10 due to the lack of DX 12 support. So, might as well use the free Virtual Box or other apps.
    Yes, Parallels, start being honest and push your teams to do better work, and stop lying in your marketing.

8. mkrueger

mkrueger Bit Poster

I would like support for No Man's Sky. I guess the version of Vulcan it uses needs DX12?

Unfortunately this was the first game I tried after upgrading to the newest Parallels, and I was pretty disappointed. It seems like marketing Parallels as a way to play games on Mac is somewhat disingenuous if you don't support the newest Vulcan.