Directory Opus 12 (Finder/Path Finder replacement) on M1/Parallels

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MatthiasE5, Apr 29, 2021.

1. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Hello,
    I'm using Directory Opus 12 as a file manager replacement (that also replaces a lot of other apps; also one can add HEIC support for I think 1 dollar on the Microsoft store by buying an app made by microsoft), it can also serve to replace Mac file managers, with full disk access. It only installs as 32 bit though, but I found no issues so far. I am interested in sharing/discussing potential compatiblity/integration issues with this combination, and also if sb managed to install the 64 bit version. HEIC to jpg conversion also works with context menu by sending to imazing heic converter. Like I said I'm not so happy that there is no 64bit option ATM, they say they will do it when x64 emulation arrives at Windows for ARM release version.

2. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Hello, I would like to inform users that programmers at directory opus are currently working to get x64 version of DOpus installed on Windows 11 for ARM instead of x86. I would again highly recommend dopus to you, it is really good software, much better than MacOS pathfinder. they are looking for beta testers who use ARM 64. one can get quite a long trial phase (it can be prolonged after the intial phase). I am not associated with that company, I just wanted to point out that they are looking for testers especially of the installer. At the moment, the installer does not work and no testing is necessary. Note that the x86 works fine for 95% of users probably, you would not notice a difference.