DirectX 11 feature level requirement for Unreal Engine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AshleyF2, Nov 2, 2020.

1. AshleyF2

AshleyF2 Bit poster

I'm running Windows 10 on Parallels 15.1.3, and I'm trying to see if I can get Unreal Engine 4.25 to run on it. It installed, but when I try to run it, I get the "DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine." error. I know that in an actual Windows machine, this can be a sign that the GPU or its drivers may be too old to support that feature level (or maybe I'm just trying to run a version of the engine that's too new for my machine), but I don't know for sure how to check if this is the case in Parallels or what I can do to try and fix it. It's not a big deal if it can't work on Parallels since I can run UE4 fine on the Mac side - I just wanted to see if I could make it work and try out some features of the engine that are only available for the Windows OS.

The Mac machine I'm running Parallels on is a mid-2012 Mac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 with a Radeon RX 580 graphics card.

Attached Files:

2. Hi, please update your Parallels Desktop 15 to the latest build 15.1.5 and let us know how does it work