DirectX

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by dpie79@gmail.com, Jul 5, 2007.

1. dpie79@gmail.com

dpie79@gmail.com Bit poster

So I went ahead and made the plunge to upgrade to 3.0 without hesitation as 2.5 has worked amazingly well for me. Excited at the possibility of finally being able to play some of those games that I hear so much about, but lack the hardware to enjoy. So far I can't get anything to run...I constantly get an error about the Direct3D component not being found, and it crashes. I followed up with a friend that said he found a post about 3.0 only supporting up to DirectX 8, and that was where I was running into my problem. Anyone else heard of this, or has anyone actually been able to make a game with DirectX 9.0c game run correctly? (and if so what did you finally do?)

Feeling a little misled so far by this product... :(

2. wingdo

wingdo Pro

The current release of PD supports DirectX 8.1 although there does seem to be VERY limited 9.0 support in there.

3. AlanH

AlanH Pro

Make sure you have enabled DirectX in the VM video settings. It is off by default when you upgrade from 2.x as it didn't exist in the earlier version.

I'm not suggesting that this will solve your problems, but I doubt if you'll be able to run any DirectX software without it enabled.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007