Disable Hot/Active corners?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by jtenenb, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jtenenb

jtenenb Member

In previous builds of Parallels I had been able to use full screen mode with windows XP and the hot/active corners for expose, and dashboard were disabled when I ran in a seperate virtue desktop. Now however, when I'm running in full screen those active/hot corners "work" which is not really what I want to happen when I am running XP in full screen. Is there any way in virtue or Parallels to diable this kind of behavior (so I can keep hot corners in my OS X desktop, and not in Parallels, with full screen).

-J

2. atomic johnson

atomic johnson Bit poster

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I've got the same problem -- it's really irritating to hit the Expose hot corners instead of the Start menu or the Close button when running Windows fullscreen. I seem to remember earlier builds not doing this, though... if it matters, I am running Parallels on a separate desktop through VirtueDesktops. Is there a fix for this? Of course, I still want Expose functionality under OS X.

3. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Hmm.. I don't know of a way to selectively disable them... I personally hate them except for the top right for my screensaver. But I don't know of any way.

4. rooodini

rooodini Bit poster

I had the same problem, and found the following on macosxhints: In the expose preferences you can add a modifier key to your active corners e.g. shift-top left.

I'd prefer to switch active corners off for a particular desktop, but since I can't find a way to do that, this is satisfactory.