Disable Local Resources

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by ChrisM48, Aug 7, 2020.

1. ChrisM48

ChrisM48 Bit poster

You can change registry keys for the client connections, but is there a way to enforce that a user cannot select local resources, and that they are disabled?

It seems that the Parallels client does not enforce settings if they were applied to the [HKCU or HKLM] \ Software \ Policies

All I was able to find out is that you can enforce an all-or-nothing configuration (OVERRIDEUSERSETTINGS & DISABLEADMINOPTIONS), but if a user needs to change their password, they won't be able to without administrative help. I just want to be able to enforce these options as an example:

RedirectCOMPorts = 0
    RedirectDrives = 0
    RedirectFileTrans = 0
    RedirectPrinters = 0
    RedirectSmartCards = 0

Thanks in advance!

2. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

did you try using client policies and endorsing it there? (RAS Console -> Policies ... )
    upload_2020-8-10_11-3-12.png

3. ChrisM48

ChrisM48 Bit poster

Is this a server setting? The company that hosts the backend is a third party vendor, and they may have other customers that might need the local resources. Our company does not allow local resources, so I am trying to find out if this can be controlled outside the RAS console.

I am new to the Parallels Client, so I am trying to figure this out from the client perspective.

Thanks!

4. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi Chris,
    Enforcing client settings in Parallels RAS is only possible only via client policies coming from a server. Different users may have different client policies. A policy can be applied to a user group, on IP range, to clients connecting to a particular gateway.