Disable Open With integration

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by PragmaticReviteer, May 4, 2012.

1. PragmaticReviteer

PragmaticReviteer

When I access Open Page With in the Develop menu in Safari I get a metric crap ton of Windows options from Parallels VMs. This happens even when Parallels isn't running. Is there any way to turn this off? I never want to use a Windows app in this way, and I certainly don't need every single windows app listed. I mean, I am going to open a web page with a Windows game exactly how often? ;)

Now, I like the ability to have a shortcut to a Windows app in my Dock, but i will let that go if need be to get my Safari Develop menu back to a functional state.

Thanks,
    Gordon

Attached Files:

2. AHunter3

AHunter3 Bit Poster

Same question. I don't have Coherence turned on and I don't want my Mac environment to suggest Windows programs for opening files when I right-click them and go to "Open With".

3. AHunter3

AHunter3 Bit Poster

Bump!!!

This line added because vBulletin doesn't like short messages

4. AHunter3

AHunter3 Bit Poster

a) right click virtual machine in Virtual Machines list

b) select "Configure" and go to "Options"

c) go to "Applications". Uncheck checkbox "Share Windows applications with Mac". You'll get some warning about Crystal Mode being unavailable if you do that. Done.

5. nonicknameneeded

nonicknameneeded

Doesn't work. Safari is still populated with a unbelievable load of Windows application rubbish.