Disableoptions does not work in beta 159 or beta 142

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by dustobub2, Dec 1, 2006.

1. dustobub2

dustobub2 Guest

This option still does not work when using Orca to edit the msi. Also, manually adding the disableoptions key in the registry under either localmachine or currentuser no longer works.

Dustin

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Please note that in beta build 159 users that have administrative rights are always allowed to modify their settings.

Regrads

Nixu

3. dustobub2

dustobub2 Guest

Is there any way to force the disable options even with admin rights? All of the clients we would deploy this to would most likely have local admin rights on their home computers. I want to be able to deploy a msi to clients and not have them be able to modify any settings. I guess this could cause trouble if they wanted to connect to someone else, but for us that is not an issue.

Dustin

4. nixu

nixu Guest

The disable options setting is stored in the registry.

If we had to force this option even on administrators, they could easily change this option from the registry and they will be able to configure their options.

This is the reason why administrators can always set the client options.

Regards

nixu.

5. dustobub2

dustobub2 Guest

This is true, however they would have to know how to edit the registry and which key to modify. This is something that our clients surely won't know how to do. I am sure 90% of all Windows XP computer users are setup as local admins so enabling this option won't prohibit them. I only see this feature useful in a domain environment where most users are not admins. I really would love the ability to deploy an msi in which the user could not change any options regardless of being a user/admin. Thanks.

Dustin

6. nerdpatrol

nerdpatrol Guest

I agree

I agree.