Disappearing Cursor Fix?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChipM, Jun 8, 2022.

1. ChipM

ChipM Bit poster

Any time I open a window, close a dialog, etc under W10, my mouse icon just "poof" disappears. I have to tap/click my trackpad to get it to be visible again, which is tricky as I don't know if the INVISIBLE cursor was hiding over a button I didn't want pressed!

It usually comes back as the wrong cursor icon as well - I'm expecting an arrow cursor, but I get an I-brace text insert cursor instead, for example.

My Windows desktop resolution is *lower* than the Mac's resolution, which for some reason also means that I often see SUPER GIGANTIC CURSORS until Parallels wakes up and goes "Oh, sorry - that should be smaller". :(

Hope there's an easy fix for this???

Thanks,
    - Chip

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello ChipM, Please refer to the knowledge base article to reinstall the Parallels Desktop to reinstall the Parallels Tools. Thanks.

3. Mark Fine

Mark Fine Pro

@ChipM
    No, don't reinstall... that's a complete waste of time and it shouldn't have been recommended.
    Shut the VM down if it's running then double check in "Configure...", "Hardware", "Mouse & Keyboard". Chances are you have the mouse set for "Don't optimize for games". You can change that to "Optimize for games" and restart the VM. The good news is your mouse cursor won't randomly disappear, but the bad news is it may occasionally zip all over the screen. This can be replicated, switching the option back and forth.
    This has been a known bug for several major versions, but apparently the automatons on this site never actually read what people write in these things, nor do they relay what's said back to the developers so these problems can get fixed. They just prolifically spout any semi-coherent knowledge base article having the word "the" in it.