Disappointing legacy systems support and limitations of Standard version

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by nanoANT, Sep 19, 2020.

1. nanoANT

nanoANT Member

I have been using Parallels Desktop since 2011 when I migrated from Fusion due to a USB handling bug in Fusion. Since then I was paying for Parallels Desktop upgrades 4 times despite some problems. Last month I have upgraded to Parallels 16 not really looking at alternatives as I wanted to use some old Windows to import my old music from very ancient music production software. Unfortunately trying to run Windows 95 I encountered a problem with using Parallels video driver described at here.

Few days ago I tried to run Windows 95 with recently released released Fusion Player that is free for personal use, and of course it works fine with Windows 95 supported out of the box.

Today I was setting up Windows 10 VM on my i7 6-core Mac mini with 32 GB RAM and realized that my Parallels supports only 4 vCPUs and 8 GB RAM, if I want more vCPU or RAM I need to buy Pro. Oh come on, more than 8GB RAM is Pro!? I'd expect more than 32GB and 8 vCPUs to be reasonable limit. Again surprise surprise, free for personal use Fusion Player has no such vCPU and RAM limitation. :confused:
    It looks like your offer is competitive only for Pro users, but for Home users competition offers much more for free.

Overall I am disappointed with my Parallels 16 purchase and a fact that 30 day money back period just passed 4 days ago. :(