disappointing software is being polite...

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by Jonessie, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Jonessie

Jonessie Bit poster

I don't think that I have ever been so disappointed with any software in all the years that I've been using computers, which is 20 years. I've been professionally building and maintaining my own rigs for 15 years and decided on having a look at Windows 8. VMwar was the easiest option without compromising your existing OS. I read the reviews and was pleased with the results. Although, this is short lived when you try installing Windows 8. Creating a VM I can do without thinking... getting the VM to show a screen other than a black screen isn't. you'd have a better chance changing a diaper in the dark blindfolded.

After trying just about every fix to bypass the black screen I decided to throw the towel in uninstall the software and look for about alternative solution. VMware Workstation 8...granted its expensive and double the price of Parallels Workstation 6, but worth every single dollar. I was up and running and installing Windows 8 within a couple of minutes. Compared with wasting an hour and a half on software which clearly has a fault. If I had paid the full price for this software, I would have gone ballistic.

I want a refund, deeply disappointed and feel cheated. And I don't think I'll be the last to complain either.