Disconnected Drive Issues and Drive Mounting Issues

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by adamcieslak, Sep 22, 2009.

1. adamcieslak

adamcieslak Bit poster

Hello,

I am having problems with the drives I have connected in parallels. I am running Snow Leopard as my host OS, and Windows XP in Parallels.

I have a few folders in Snow Leopard that I connect to parallels as a Network Drive (parallels sees the mac hard drives, and I access the mac folders through that). These drives are mapped with a drive letter, such as W:\

I am not going through the "parallels shared folder" link for example \\.psf\drive.

Every so often, particularly if I connect to parallels using Remote Desktop, all of the mapped network drives lose connection, and I cannot connect to them anymore, furthermore, if I try to get around this by going through parallels shared folder's, it is very slow. I never had any problems before with parallels 3.0, ever since I've gone to parallels 4 I've notice it.

Also I noticed that no longer within Mac OS X do I see the Windows XP drive automatically mounted. Seems like there are some issues with the parallels drivers concerning the hard disks. Anyone experience similar issues, or have configuration suggestions to have the functionality, as it was in parallels 3, restored?

Thanks for the help!

2. Anthony Faranesh

Anthony Faranesh Bit poster

Disconnected drive issues

I am experiencing the same problem. Parallels version 4.0.3846. MAC OS 10.5.8. Virtual OS Windows XP SP2. In Windows, my virtual drive is mounted as Y:. Every time I remote desktop in, this drive is disconnected.

3. nick_harambee

nick_harambee Bit poster

i am experiencing similar issues. Using Windows 7 under Parallels Version 4.0.3846. I am mapping Parallels Shared Folders and each time I restart there is a red cross over the drive under 'Computer'. I can double-click on the drive to open it and all files are shown and then the red cross disappears, but until I do so, no programs recognise that the drive is connected.

4. Jeff Greenhouse

Jeff Greenhouse Bit poster

Would someone from support please respond to this thread?

I've just upgraded from Parallels Desktop 3 to version 5 and I'm having this problem (which I did NOT experience with version 3). I see that other people are struggling with the same issue, and I'm sure we'd all like some guidance.

Thanks.

- Jeff

5. gwaereth

gwaereth Bit poster

Bump

Having the same issues, anyone aware of a resolution to this?
    Running Parallels 6 with a Windows XP virtual machine.

6. gwaereth

gwaereth Bit poster

Quick addendum. I've got a VNC server also set up on the Windows XP machine and it doesn't not seem to have the same effect.
    I suspect that there is some login/role issue when using Windows native RDC. Of course...