Does it work on a Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition?

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by eliver, Jul 26, 2006.

1. eliver

eliver Guest

I haven't tried it yet, but does this application work on a Windows 2003 R2 Standard Edition or do I need Enterprise or Advanced?

Thanks for your comments.

2. Lee

Lee Guest

yes indeed it works fine :)

if you are running on 64 bit OS version note

The installation works fine on the 64 bit, but to operate correctly the admin have to move the memshell.exe from 'syswow64' to system32 by hand. Then 2XApplicationServer will work fine on 64 bit then also

3. gaithat

gaithat Guest

Hi,

2X ApplicationServer/Client - with Windows 2003 R2 as Server and Windows 98 works fine.

I tried it through 2X Client - Linux but could not install/launch 2xApplicationServerClient3.i386.rpm yet.

Has someone any idea how to install/integrate 2xApplicationServerClient3.i386.rpm with ThinClientOS-3_0-sp2-r1842.iso.

Thanks

Vikram

4. mcsween

mcsween Guest

When you setup your connection on the Thin Client Server select "2x Published Apps" and enter the 2x app server. Once the Thin Client OS boots all your published apps will be on the desktop.

If you are using 2x load balancer too then enter the 2x load balancer as your first IP and enter any Terminal Server as a secondary. This is a bug and is supposed to be fixed in the next release.