Does Parallels 17.x support virtual desktops in Windows 10 or 11?

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by JustinJ7, Dec 30, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JustinJ7

JustinJ7 Bit poster

Windows 10/11 (possibly other versions) support 'virtual desktops' where you can switch between 'multiple desktops'.

What is it?
    Put simply, consider someone who is working with one monitor (not me). Open a couple applications and you have run out of screen real-estate. Windows 10/11 lets you create another 'virtual desktop' by going to the task viewer or using the shortcut keys -> Windows Key + Ctrl + D
    Now you have a 'new' desktop where you can open another set of applications. Instead of opening and closing your apps you can quickly switch between these 'virtual desktops' by using the following shortcut keys -> Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow.

Monterey 12.x and I'm sure other versions of OSX support MAC virtual desktops (similar to the windows implementation).

My question: Can I use the 'virtual desktop' feature in Windows 10 or 11 with Parallels Desktop?
    My configuration: M1+ MBP, 2x external monitors, primary OS is Monterey 12.1, Parallels Desktop 17.x hosting a Windows 11 VM, coherence mode enabled.

The problem: I can cycle between 'virtual desktops' in Monterey but can't figure out how to create and/or cycle through 'virtual desktops' in the Windows VM. Is this even possible in Parallels Desktop? And yes, I have a legitimate need for this.

2. Toddyb

Toddyb Bit poster