Does parrallels 11 (or 12) perform better with more cores

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RyanT1, Aug 2, 2017.

1. RyanT1

RyanT1 Bit poster

Hi, I was wondering if parrallels 11 performed better with more cores. The extent to which I could figure out, more CPUs help if the program can utilize it. So I suppose the question is does the program support more than one cpus. I know windows might do some stuff when it detects more threads... but just wanted to be certain before I spend extra.
    if it helps, the most intensive thing on parrallels that I do is write code. Compiling will take up a lot of the processing power, but those two things are really the only things I use parrallels for
    Also,
    Do you support student purchases? it looks like there isnt any student pricing available.
    Thanks
    EDIT: after a little bit more research, I feel like I am asking two question: does it support multi threading and does it perform better with hyper threaded cores. I feel both are good for me to know

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, you can assign more cores in VM configuration. You can use Parallels Desktop 12 trial and check. You can purchase student edition from www.onthehub.com website.