Don't Know Where to Begin

MacUzer

Bit poster
Just got a brand new iMac 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo w/ 1 GB of RAM. Installed Boot Camp with
Windows XP along with Mac Office (Student Ed). When I installed Parallels, I notice something
wrong right away. I've attached some screen shots as a picture is worth a thousand words!

Still, I tried working through the 'broken' interface and attempted to install Windows XP, but
could only get to step 6 of the Quick Start Guide (pg 5). It says to "Choose Default CD/DVD-ROM
from the Devices menu," except that all the devices listed there are unselectable! (They
are all grey, none are black.)

Do I have a bad install disk? Or is it something else?

If I can supply any additional information, please ask. Many thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    99.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 8
Try installing the latest Parallels Desktop 2.5 build from here. But firstly please uninstall the application and backup your virtual machine.
 
It works!

The Windows XP installation stalled, so I adjusted the acceleration of the VM to normal. Windows installation resumed, finished, and now I have the program I need running on my Windows VM. In short - it worked! Thanks estrelnikov!

Should I now try upgrading it to V4 (since that's version I purchased!)? Or just leave well enough alone?

Thanks again!
 
Back
Top