don't want Spotlight to see Windows app launchers, how to?

slegge

Member
When I have an instance of Windows running in Parallels "Build 3224 (December 19, 2007)", and then I search for "Firefox" in Mac OS X's Spotlight search, I see the following results:

* Firefox - Windows Applications
* Firefox - Applications

My problem is I often accidentally click on the Windows one and that's a pain.

Since I never want to launch my Parallels Windows applications using Spotlight, is there any way to prevent these items from appearing in the Spotlight search results?
 
Thanks for that. But my question is more than about just opening web pages. I don't want any of those Parallels Windows application shortcuts to appear in Spotlight. Is there anyway to prevent those files from appearing under the Parallels "Windows Applications" folder?
 
Probably you want to disable SmartSelect?
in Configuration Editor - Configuration - Shared Applications -uncheck Share Windows Applications to Mac
Also delete Windows Applications folder from VM folder
 
Back
Top